1st weekly member update January 30, 2017
Members - The Inside Scoop
Global SaveTax Member
About a month into our new membership program and I hope you are starting to get good value from the library resources. These are exactly the learning tools I would want in your situation.
There has been a good level of member subscriptions but starting in February we are going heavy on the marketing of the memberships. We have an ambitious program ahead that will help get us all where we need to be. The public NEED these resources!!!
Our database is organized so we can deliver the most relevant content to members and non-members. Here is what you can expect from membership in the coming weeks and months:
1) The core group is you. Insider strategy content will be shared in a weekly newsletter. These will be written in a fashion more how we talk... not as carefully worded as you see in our general updates. When we hear from the lawyers or other inside parties we will not hesitate to share.
2) The inside group is everyone in our database who has participated in the Merchant Law class action. About every month or 2 we send out the general updates.
3) The non-insiders are everyone else who will be included in the occasional update as warranted.
What We Are Hearing
These are from reliable sources and we expect to get confirmations in the near future:
1) Class Action
* success in serving significantly all necessary parties including GLGI and
it's reclusive principal parties Robert and Wendy Lewis
* Talk is that the advising law firms to GLGI are open to settlement discussions with the class rather than risk major reputation harm
2) Jeff Pniowski GLGI Tax Court Appeal
* high level of confidence of success
* For those who can afford it, the strategy is to join the appeal, receive the reduced tax liability THEN consider the trusteed solution of consumer proposal.
$100,000 current debt reduced to $60,000 via Tax Court appeal, then further reduced to $30,000 via consumer proposal... payable over 5 years. Cost for appeal is $900 to $2,150 and for proposal is a few hundred dollars
Further, if Merchant is successful in returning at least $30k after payment to law firm, then the participant of both these actions breaks even AND only needs to make monthly payments so is money in the bank ahead.
Just thinking out loud :)
If you haven't recently then please visit our updated website www.globalsavetax.com You should notice major improvements in navigation and content. It should be easy to find what you are looking for instead of poking around in the menus or going off email links.
From a desktop/laptop try the search feature at the top. You might be surprised by the hidden content that pops up based on the search words used.
Global SaveTax Consultants